The Żnin sugar factory prospered from 1894 until 2004.For years,the Żnin sugar Factory was the largest employer in the region,initally producing only raw sugar.Today.the facility is a conference and leisure centre and a source of great pride for the inhabitants of Żnin.
The rich history of the Żnin Sugar Factory begins with the decision made by Żnin landowners tp build a sugar factory in 1893.As early as a year later-on 15 October 1894-the first sugar campaign was launched.Zuckerfabrik Żnin was the inital name of the Żnin factory,and was managed by the company's supervisory board and managment board,and among these officials,the majority were Germans.It is assumed that the sugar factory was located on 50 hectares of land,and this area was incorporated into municipal land in January 1894.
AFTER THE SECOND WORLD WAR
During the war,the Żnin Sugar Factory was once again owned by the Germans,but this did not last long,as immediately after the liberation of Żnin,the plant was returned to the Poles. On 12 February 1945, Zygmunt Kittel also returned to the post of director after being appointed by the plenipotentiary of the Ministry of Indstry.The Żnin Sugar Factory became state property on 27 October 1950.In the 1970s,the most important goal was to shorten the sugar campaing,which was achieved by modernising and replacing equipment.In addition,many stages of work were mechanised,which contributed to improved working conditions, and increased production and processing capacity.
Despite the railway connection between Żnin and Inowrocław and Damasławek,the authorities of Cukrownia resolved to build their own railway,which carrird beet to the factory as early as 1894.The 600 mm gauge track network was about 46 km long.The factory railway had 1 diesel locomotive and 8 steam locomotives,one of which can be seen today in the Narrow Gauge Railway Museum in Wenecja.In addition,50 3-ton wagons,50 6-ton wagons and 12 7-ton wagons continued to be available for use by the railway.After the Second World War,70 more wagons were imported from the Gdańsk Sugar Factory.There were 3 delivery and collection points on the sugar factory premises.However,in the years 1971-1972,the decision was taken to liquidate the Żnin factory railway for economic reasons.
THEN AND NOW
15 July 1893 – the adoption of a resolution to build sugar factory as a limited liability company,
28 August 1893 – the adoption of a resolution to build the factory's own railway towards Królikowo,
18 January 1894 – incorporation of the sugar factory site into municipal land,
15 October 1894 – first sugar campaign,
1922 – establishment of a Polish company called „Cukrownia „Żnin” – spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością”,
1930 – the company's memorandm of association was amended,its articles of association were adopted,and the share capital was increased,
1938 – release of the second issue of company shares,
Sprawdź oferty specjalne szyte na miarę oczekiwań naszych Gości. Znajdź ofertę dopasowaną do Ciebie.