Today’s Pałuki has been within the Gniezno Diocese from its very beginning. Many of the shrines have lost their original style due to numerous alterations, yet many of them still charm with their beauty.
The Pałuki Church Trail features primarily wooden and the oldest ones stone shrines. A bicycle trail goes through the northwest part of Pałuki, which covers several places full of the sacral art.
- Żnin – St. Florian Parish Church, built in the 15th century, located in 700-lecia Street, and Our Lady Queen of Poland Church, which was erected as a protestant church in 1909 in the place of the former Dominican Monastery. Following the city liberation in 1945 the church became a catholic shrine.
- Żnin Góra district – St Martin Church, recognized as the city oldest shrine. The local parish has existed for 700 years and the first mention of it dates back to 1301
- Brzyskorzystew and Brzyskorzystewko - the latter is a former archbishop village, since the 15th century belonging to a gentry family. St. Catherine of Alexandria Church is located here, timber framing structure (so called Prussian Wall).
- Gorzyce – stone shrine from the 19th century.
- Srebrna Góra – historical shrine from the 19th century, and 17th century building of the former Radzymiński estate.
- Łękno – late-gothic 16th-century St Peter and Paul the Apostles Church located on the lakeside.
- Tarnowo Pałuckie – St Nicolas wooden church.
- Żerniki – mid-15th-century Our Lady Birth Church.
- Świątkowo – Holy Trinity wooden church.
- Cerekwica – St Nicolas stone church’