One of Poland’s oldest and most recognizable tourist trails, which combines the most important objects and historical monuments associated with the beginnings of the Polish State. Part of the Trail runs through Pałuki. Going along the trail you can see where the history of Poland started, and feel the climate of the medieval life.
The Trail comprises two routes: North-South and East-West, which cross in Gniezno, their central point. The Pałuki fragment includes a lot of places where the 1000 years of history can be felt:
- Żnin with the medieval city route.
- Wągrowiec with the complex of the old Cistercian Monastery and Regional Museum,
- St Nicolas Church in Tarnowo Podgórskie,
- castle ruins in Wenecja,
- reconstruction of an early Piast dynasty village at the Archaeological Museum in Biskupin,
- Leszek Biały monument in Marcinkowo Górne,
- an obelisk commemorating the death of Leszek Biały in Gąsawa.
More on: https://szlakpiastowski.pl/